Friday, May 3, 2013

The Unconventional Korean Dramas

The Unconventional Korean Dramas, So Rare!

It is truly rare when you come across a drama that is so unlike ANY drama you've seen. I can truthfully say this after the many dramas that I seen whereby you watch one and you say to yourself, "WHOA, this is different!" Here are some of those dramas that I would classify as unconventional:

Woman of Matchless Beauty, Park Jung Kum aka The Almighty Jungkeum Park
Stars:
Bae Jong Ok as Park Jung Kum
Son Chang Min as Jung Yong Joon
Kim Min Jong as Kyungsoo
Han Go Eun as Yoora

I started watching this because of a twitter buddy. All she had to do is say, you have got to watch this! Talk about a complete drama! Wow! I don't think I've ever seen a drama so complete! I have to applaud the writing team! I enjoyed this immensely. 

Vampire Prosecutor 2
Vampire Prosecutor



















Stars:
Yun Jung Hoon as Min Tae Yeon (Prosecutor)
Lee Won Jong as Hwang Soon Bum (Detective)
Lee Young Ah as Yoo Jung In (Prosecutor)
Kim Joo Young as Choi Dong Man

What's not to love about your friendly, neighborhood vampire Prosecutor!? This role was made for Yun Jung Hoon! He does vampie very, very well!!


 
Holyland
Stars:
Shin Dong Ho as Kang Yu
Yeo Hoon Min as Tae Sik
Yoon Bong Gil as Park Cheol Woong

This was Fight Club meets High School! When I started watching this, I was totally unprepared for what I saw! As I've said many times, I don't know one KPop singer from another but this is one singer/actor who needs to do another drama. Shin Dong Ho was FANTASTIC as Kang Yu! 

Little Girl K aka Killer Girl K
Stars:
Han Groo as Cha Yeon Jin
Kim Jeong Tae as Yoo Seong-ho
Kim Roe Ha as Jang Se Wook
Park Hyo Joo as Min Ji Young
Jeon Mi Seon as Jang In-sook
 I could not believe that this was Han Groo first role! And to top that off, she was barely 18 years old when this was filmed! It was an amazing performance that left you wishing that it was longer than a mere 3 episodes! 
Reply 1997 aka Answer Me 1997
Stars:
Seo In Guk as Yoon Yoon Je
Jung Eun Ji as Sung Siwon
Lee Shi Un as Bang Sung Jae
Shin So Yool as Mo Yoo Jung
Lee HoYa as Kang Jun Hee
Eun Ji Won as Do Hak Chan
After I watched this, I knew I had never been a die-hard fan for ANYBODY! I never laughed so much with the antics of Siwon and Yoo Jung as fangirls! And who can forget about the love relationships! Not too often that you see homosexuality portrayed in KDramas! Hardly! 
She is Wow!
Stars:
Oh Hyun Kyung as Jo Ah Ra
Park Sung Woong as Gong Jeong Han
Kwon Se In as Ji Seong Gi
Jung Jin Young as Gong Minkyu
I'm currently watching this but my list would not be complete without it!! C'mon! A husband admits to his wife he is gay and wants to move his lover into their home?!! Yes, I'm not kidding! tvN does it again! 
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment