Friday, May 17, 2013

May 2013 Edition: Future Movie Releases I'd Like to See


 May Edition of Movies I'd Like to See

As most of you know, I write movie reviews for KoreanDramaReviews website called Movie Mondays. Even though most of these will never be reviewed there (I try real hard to respect the younger audience there), here are some future movie releases I will be looking forward to. 
MISAENG
Synopsis:A mobile omnibus short film based on Yoon Tae-ho's original "Misaeng". The Web toon protagonist has spent his whole life focused on baduk, the Korean word for the game Go, and never went to college. After getting a job at a trading company, he struggles to be recognized among his highly educated colleagues.

Running Time: TBD
Release date in South Korea :
Cast:
Si Wan as Jang Geu-rae
Changmin as Jang Baek-gi
Kim-Bo-ra as Ahn Yeong-I
Baro as Yeong-chan
Jo Hee-bong as Deputy Oh
Im Hyeon-sik as Mi-Ji's security

Loved Si Wan in Equator Man! I also like movies from web toons! I've seen a couple of them even though I've never actually seen the web toons; the stories are usually very interesting. Here's the trailer: Misaeng

Images from the Upcoming Movie:












KILLER TOON
Synopsis: A series of murders resembling Ji-yoon's horror webcomic drawings occur and Detective Ki-Chul unravels the rerrifying truth of the comics himself.


Running Time: 104min 
Release date in South Korea: 6/2013
Cast
Lee Si Yeong as Ji-yoon
Uhm Ki Joon as Lee Gi-cheol
Kil Hyon-woo as Yeong-soo
Oh Kwang-rok as Rebel leader Oh

Lee Si Yeong combined with Uhm Ki Joon are enough to attract my attention!! I love both of these actors. I suspect there were be some serious thrilling moments and I will have to have my pillow handy (I know, amazing how I watch these type of movies)! Here is the trailer: Killer Toon

Images from Upcoming Movie:


  
COLD EYES

Synopsis: HA Yoon-ju becomes the newest member to a unit within the Korean Police Forces Special Crime Department that specializes in surveillance activities on high profile criminals. She teams up with HWANG Sang-Jun, the veteran leader of the unit, and tries to track down James who is the cold-hearted leader of an armed criminal organization.  

Running Time: TBD
Release date in South Korea :
Cast
Sol Kyung-Gu as Chief detective Hwang (surveillance team)  
Jung Woo-Sung as James (leader of criminal group) 
Han Hyo-Joo as Rookie detective Ha Yoon-Joo (surveillance team) 
Jin Kyung as Director Lee (surveillance team)
Lee Joon-Ho as Detective Squirrel (Daramjwi-surveillance team) 

Jung Woo-Sung as a bad guy is enough for me to want to watch! Watching him in Daisy as a hitman was very memorable and let's not forget Padam Padam! I expect the same from this. Han Hyo-Joo, I liked in both Brilliant Legacy as well as the movie, Always. Here is the trailer: Cold Eyes

Images from Upcoming Movie:






 
FATAL
Synopsis: Sung-gong has always been a target for school bullies. One day, the bullies drag him to the home of a fellow high school girl named Jang-mi where they take turns raping her and forcing Sung-gong to do the same against his wish. Ten years later, Sunggong encounters Jang-mi again at a church, and thereafter he pursues his life seeking her forgiveness without confessing that he was one of offenders. But, when he realizes that Jang-mi is still traumatized, he seeks out the bullies again.

Running Time: 103min 
Release date in South Korea
Cast: (more information to come)
Nam Yeon-Woo
Yang Jo-A
Hong Jung-Ho
Kang Ki-Dong
Kim Hee-Sung

Not a lot of information available on this right now but the plot sounds really interesting. It also falls into the thriller genre, one of my favorites!
NO BREATH
Synopsis: Also known as a swimming term for holding one's breath underwater, this movie is about two very different, restless youths who join a swimming competition for love and friendship which is, in fact, a rite of passage to growing up. (still in development)

Running Time: TBD
Release date in South Korea: 2nd half, 2013

Cast:
Lee Jong Suk as Woo-Sang
Seo In-Guk as Won-Il
Kwon Yoo-Ri as Jeong-Eung
Shin Min-Chul as Jeong-Dong

With a cast of Seo In-Guk and Lee Jong Sun, that is enough for me to want to watch. I loved In-Guk in Can We Get Married? and Reply 1997. Jong Suk, I have only seen him in School 2013 (which I never finished) but still looking forward to seeing him in this. I especially like Sports themed movies.
THE SUSPECT
Synopsis: Dong-chul was the best special field agent in North Korea, but he’s abandoned by his government during a mission. While on the run, he looks for his wife and child, who were sold as slaves to China, only to discover their corpses. He soon finds out that his colleague was behind the killing and defects to the South in search of his nemesis. Working as a temp driver at night and as a personal driver for Chairman PARK who is attacked and killed by an assassin. He is now on the run again, accused of the chairman’s murder.

Running Time: TBD

Release date in South Korea: 12/2013
Cast
Gong Yoo as Ji Dong-Cheol
Park Hee-soon as Min Se-hoon
Jo Seong Ha as Kim Seok ho
Yoo Da-In as Choi Kyeong hee

Who can pass up a movie with Gong Yoo? I expect this to be filled with a lot of action and suspense as his character tries to clear his name and find the real killer of the chairman as well as find the killer responsible for his family's death. 
MONSTER
Synopsis: An intense drama of killing after killing in various groups of people. A fierce battle ensues; for each individual, it's kill or be killed. (still in development)


Running Time: TBD

Release date in South Korea: 2nd half 2013
Cast:
Lee Min Ki as Tae-Soo
Kim Ho eun-I as Bok-Soon
Ahn Seo-hyeon

Lee Min Ki as a killer? My excitement level for this movie sky-rocketed!! He is such a great actor and this is definitely a movie I will not be passing up. I am not really familiar with the rest of the cast but will be looking forward to seeing this (hopefully) next year! Look forward to the review here!!

As soon as I get more information, I will pass that on! So excited about this season of movies!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment