Saturday, September 14, 2013

My Top 5 Dramas for 2010

Top 5 Dramas for 2010

These are my picks for the top dramas that I've seen from 2010. Again, they are not arranged in no particular order as I love them all equally and are not limited to Korean dramas alone. Compare it with your list for 2010:
Keizoku 2:SPEC
Stars Toda Erika and Kase Ryo. Like the original series, "SPEC" will revolve around a pair of police detectives as part of a special division solving difficult cases (Mishou). Touma Saya is a woman with an IQ of 201 and an inability to "read the atmosphere" in social situations. Due to a previous case, her left arm is in a sling. Her partner Sebumi Takeru used to be the star performer of the Metropolitan Police. After some incident however, he was transferred to Mishou. Those two track down offenders with special abilities(SPEC) who managed to get away with their crimes.

Only a science fiction fan would love and appreciate this drama! So if you are expecting anything else, don't watch! I absolutely loved this! As a fan of the genre, it had every aspect that us Sci-Fi fans would be looking for; intrigue, lies, freaky characters and a story that you can follow. All is revealed as the episodes are watched. Again, if you are expecting romance, forget this! This was a Sci-Fi fans freaking dream come true! My appreciation and love for Toda Erika has increase ten fold. It started with Liar Game and continues with this series! Kase Ryo as Sebumi-san; you now have a new fan!!
Secret Garden
Stars Hyun Bin and Ha Ji Won. The drama tells the story of Kim Joo Won, an arrogant and eccentric CEO who maintains the image of seeming perfection, and Gil Ra Im, a poor and humble stuntwoman whose beauty and body are the object of envy amongst top actresses. Their accidental meeting, when Joo Won mistakes Ra Im for actress Park Chae Rin, marks the beginning of a tense, bickering relationship, through which Joo Won tries to hide a growing attraction to Ra Im that both confuses and disturbs him. To complicate matters further, a strange sequence of events results in them swapping bodies.

I swear! Until these two marry other people, I will forever and forever 'ship' them as a couple! Kid you not!

This is one of the few dramas that I have seriously watched over and over again! Maybe not always from the beginning but I have repeat watched this drama in my boredom. The romance between Joo Won and Ra Im, just never bores me! And it has the distinction of having one of the better drama kisses I've seen! Believe it or not, this was the first drama I saw of BOTH Hyun Bin and Ha Ji Won but this drama alone made me instant fans and immediately started my love for both of them.


Can these two just make all their fans happy and get married already?!!
God's Quiz
Stars Ryu Deok Hwan and Yoon Joo Hee. Han Jin Woo, Korea's top medical examiner, leads a team of experts in conducting a medical crime investigation after strange events and mysterious deaths occur in a hospital. He first clashes with but is later aided by Kang Kyung Hee, an attractive female detective who possesses excellent skill in martial arts and a strong sense of justice.

Close to perfect at times, the story. The acting was perfect for this drama. I asked myself why I hadn't watched this before. The title throws you off because you have no idea what it really is about. Let's start with the stand-out actors. First of all, Ryu Deok Hwan as Han Jin Woo was unbelievably good! From the first episode to the end. His portrayal of Jin Woo was spot on perfect. Yoon Joo Hee as Kang Kyung Hee was great! At times, she drove you batty with her police decisions which made no sense to me (or maybe I watch TOO MANY police and crime dramas) but overall she did a good job. The rest of the cast was fun and acted well. Every episode was a learning experience. Keep wikipedia/google handy. You will be doing a lot of searching! Again, I cannot believe I didn't watch this until 2013! And as you can guess, I went onto to season 2 and 3 (Thanks, Operation:Kdrama Chat)!
Gloria
Stars Bae Doo Na, Suh Ji Suk, Lee Chun Hee, and So Yi Hyun. Gloria is an intense tale of people who are fiercely devoted to surviving their rough lives, focusing in particular on the life of a nightclub singer, Na Jin Jin, who braves the difficulties of her work to provide for her mentally handicapped older sister, Jin Joo. She finds an unwavering source of strength and support from her loyal childhood friend, Ha Dong Ah, a third-rate gangster with a big heart. Jin Jin also meets a potential love interest in Lee Kang Suk, the president of Double Sharp Entertainment, who has his own problems to face as the illegitimate son of an entrepreneur.

Okay, this is one of favorite dramas! It was my first drama over 50 episodes that I marathon watched. I loss sleep, barely ate, you name it. This was my first introduction to Bae Doo Na as I started watching this because of Suh Ji Suk! I fell instantly in love with Doo Na's portrayal of Gloria. Not to forget about Suh Ji Suk as Kang Suk. I thought the chemistry between the two was magnetic! I was also surprised by the secondary romance between Dong Ah (Lee Chun Hee) and Yoon Seo (So Yi Hyun). Even though the main couple's relationship was not totally resolved until the end, I felt the story was absolutely fun to watch. 


One of the best scenes is when Kang Suk serenades Jin Jin when she thinks he no longer likes her. It is one of the most romantic scenes EVER!! As this is a melodrama, beware, there are some seriously twisted moments that make you want to wretch your hair out; but overall, this is one of the best! And it is the only 50+ drama that I have re-watched from start to finish.
Cinderella's Sister
Stars Moon Geun Young, Chun Jung Myung, Ok Taec Yeon, and Seo Woo. SA modern day adaptation of Cinderella with a twist as our Cinderella, Goo Hyo Sun, is loved by everyone whereas her stepsister, Eun Jo, has a dark past and struggles with the fact that her mother starts to care more for Hyo Sun than her.

This drama is where I differ from a lot of people because I simply LOVED it! From start to finish, LOVED it! It was my introduction to Moon Geun Young, who still remains my top favorite actress since I started watching dramas. Her portrayal of Eun Jo was so dark and so tortured. Her mother, played by Lee Mi Sook was one of the worse users you will see! What I especially liked was the chemistry between Chun Jung Myung and Moon Geun Young. His love for her and her hesitance to love was portrayed wonderfully. Seo Woo's Hyo Sun was so needy, you eventually learned to love her too. And of course I will never forget Ok Taec Yeon and his little dance with his 'little me'! So cute!


Honorable Mentions
Both of these dramas are very popular with others and while I loved them, it is always hard to pick your top 5: 

So What Are Your Top 5 for 2010?
Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment